Monday, April 8, 2013

Back at it...

When I started this blog I had grand ideas that I'd write daily, or at least a few times a week but that hasn't exactly happened. I've been distracted with house hunting and purchasing new toys for hunting season this fall. Ask me 10 years ago if I'd ever hunt and I would have told you that you're nuts.

A nice benefit my employer offers is free gym membership to its employees. It's a good deal for all involved as the local gym gets paid by the company and judging by the coworkers I see, or don't see there, they are probably making out pretty well. I've recently discovered the advantages of working out during my lunch. I can get a good workout in without having to worry about blowing it off after work because all I want to do is go home. This is also forcing me to go lift during non-running days on my training schedule, so it's really a perfect fit. I'll be the first to admit that I neglect lifting and just convince myself running is more than enough...I mean when is the last time you saw a huge jacked up runner?? Logic prevailed and I've realized that I really should do some weight training to strengthen my legs and core which will help me during those wonderful long runs this year.

In excitement for the running season I've also signed up for three races, however, I wasn't paying much attention and realized that in the span of 6 days I have three races - a half marathon, a 3.5 mile race, and a 10 mile race. I suppose this will be a good indicator of my training fitness as the official date of marathon training is about 10 days after those races.


No comments:

Post a Comment